Here’s what I would like to see a moment of silence for today:
- The 4,492 US soldiers killed in the war in Iraq, and the 2,363 US soldiers killed in the war in Afghanistan, all of which have done nothing about the attacks of September 11, or in fact about terrorism. Unless you count “provide recruiting material to the terrorists.”
- The over a million Iraqi and Afghani civilians killed in those same corrupt and criminal wars.
- The civil liberties needlessly slaughtered by authoritarians and opportunists, using the September 11 attacks as an excuse. The default position of the Department of Homeland “Security” as a user of fear to intimidate the polity into giving up more rights and privacy daily.
- The trillions of dollars flushed down the toilet by those same traitors to fight those wars that had nothing to do with the attacks of September 11 but their buddies got really rich selling arms for it.
- The resulting glut of surplus military equipment now being showered onto police departments across the US, who unsurprisingly take the hint that they should act more like occupying armies than law enforcement agencies.
What do you think are my odds?