OK, all you drug stores, fast food outlets, online shopping sites, professional organizations, etc. Just stop already with the surveys!
Here’s what you think you’re going to get: Unbiased and fresh reactions from customers who genuinely want to help you make your business work better because they will benefit, as customers.
Here’s what you really get:
- She looked/sounded sexy, and flirted with me. All 10s!
- He was kind of a dick and said “can’t“ four times. All 1s!
- They were not quite competent but implied — without saying so — that their job depended on a good score. Mostly 7s.
- I get a coupon for finishing the survey! Basically, 5s and 6s, with one 2 and one 9 so it looks real.
- Your survey is too long. 7s to 9s at the beginning, 2s and 3s by the end.
- Your survey has too many text boxes and they are all required. “Nothing much.” “Not really.” “It was OK” “N/A” “N/A” “It’s OK” “N/A” “N/A” “OK” “N/A” “N/A” “N/A” “N/A” Hey hey, goodbye!
We keep hoping you’ll get it, but you don’t. Apparently filling out the survey AT ALL simply means we’re suckers for more surveys.
So that’s it. Today I call HALT. I am on Survey Strike as of now. Don’t call me, don’t email me, don’t put them in my online shopping cart. NOTHING.